Job Opening: Operations Manager - Part Time
Start Date : September 28, 2020
Application Deadline : September 16, 2020
Hours: Part-time position. 15-20 hours/week (specific hours TBD)
Reports to: Executive Director
Also works closely with: DignityUSA Treasurer, Technology Services Manager
DignityUSA’s Operations Manager is responsible for smooth operation of office processes related to membership and donations processing and database maintenance, as well as member/donor services and managing inquiries to DignityUSA. The position requires the ability to prioritize, work independently, and knowledge of Quickbooks Online, standard bookkeeping procedures, and Constituent Relations Management databases.
Specific job functions include:
- Retrieving mail from Post Office at least twice weekly, processing mail and directing requests and information to appropriate DignityUSA personnel and volunteers. The Operations Manager will also oversee hard copy mailings to members, donors, and other DignityUSA constituents.
- Process all donations and membership payments. Make bank deposits. Prepare bill payments. Enter financial transactions into accounting software and constituent relationship management system, including accurately coding all transactions. Review and recode as necessary third-party payment information (e.g., PayPal, Facebook, AmazonSmile)
- Assist in preparing financial reports for grants and projects from underlying accounting data.
- Set up records for all new members and donors in database and ensure that information entered is accurate and nonduplicative. Link contribution information to correct donor. Update member/donor information as needed.
- Prepare materials for annual financial review or audit.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget by providing financial analyses when needed.
- Prepare tax receipt letters for donors.
- Process donor acknowledgement letters.
- Develop and maintain procedural document for all operations processes under the control of this position.
- Direct inquiries received by phone, email, and social media to appropriate staff, Board member or volunteers.
- Participate in relevant trainings to remain current on key job skills and content (e.g., Quickbooks update trainings).
- Prepare standard and ad hoc reports for Board members, other staff, and DignityUSA leadership as needed. This includes membership and donor reports.
- Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Attention to details, understanding of customer needs, and the ability to work independently.
- Experience with computer programs including CRM program, Excel, QuickBooks Online including fund/class accounting, on-line credit card processing tools, PayPal, Word, and Microsoft Office tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- College degree or equivalent experience as bookkeeper or accountant
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Occasional night and weekend hours may be required.
A letter of application and resume should be sent to email@example.com by September 16, 2020.
Applicants in the Medford/Boston, MA area given preference, all else being equal.
DignityUSA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of ability, age, ethnic identity, gender/gender expression or identity, marital/relationship status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.